lørdag den 31. december 2016

Changes in the doll family in 2016 and my plans for 2017

I feel like every year (since I joined the hobby) has been a crazy year doll-wise, but I think I've finally started to find my style in dolls and found the way I want to go with my dolls.
I can see that I don't sell so many dolls any more, which is good as it allows me to work more on the dolls before I sell them to try something new, but it is also bad as I'll run out of room to store them...

Here is my end-of-the-year summary.

I started 2016 with these dolls (dolls in bold are still with me):
Elfdoll tan Ruru Volks SD16 hybrid
Elfdoll Vivien Soom hybrid
Fifth Motif Venitu
Iplehouse EID Rex (body was sold)
Iplehouse Cyborg Bianca
Iplehouse Skull Crow head
Peakswoods Dlight
Popodoll Ramiel
Ringdoll Zombie Sol
Ringdoll Norman Dark Side 2.0 head
Simply Divine Medusa Valentina head
Soom Bix Ringdoll hybrid
Twigling Ylisande nYID hybrid
Volks YoTenshi Yuh
Volks SD16 Ruby
Volks SD16 Ruby Ringdoll hybrid

New dolls in 2016:
Cat's Doll Tove head
Dollshe 28M body for Iplehouse Rex
Fifth Motif Goohwa
Iplehouse Soo head
Les Enfants Terribles Don head
Nabarro Booth head
Nabarro Sumner head
Nabarro Yakumo Angelheim hybrid

Waiting for:
Dollshe Classic Johnny Depp
Fairyland Lacrima sleeping head (gift)
Luts Bory
Luts Abadon (gift)
Nabarro Cyril head
Nabarro Har on Dollstown 18y body
Twigling Kahlo
Soom Dia

What happened in 2016?
I bought a lot of heads this year and a few dolls...

I'm not sure about the Cat's Doll Tove head. He didn't fit either of the two characters I had considered, so now I don't know what to do with him. Maybe I end up selling him or using him or my evil-guy.

My Iplehouse Rex got his new body. I hope my sister soon has time to try on his pirate outfit. I'm really interested to see how it looks on that body.

Fifth Motif Goohwa arrived on Christmas! That was a nice surprise and so quick on the customs. It took less that 5 days from he was caught in customs until my sister could pick him up (and that included me sending them documents and the customs processing them). His outfit has arrived and his wig should arrive soon. It's made by SophyMolly on Etsy, and it looks very nice. Not precisely as I imagined it, but close enough.

I received an Iplehouse Soo head this year in a trade. It's very nice, and I think she can fit very well as Alva. At first I wanted another Iplehouse head, but I'm happy with Soo.

I also got the LET Don head. He's just great, and already I have ordered his outfit and sword. He still needs a body, wig, eyes, boots. But that can come later.

I also bought a lot of Nabarro heads. I started with wanting Sumner, but buying Booth, and then it spread to all the others. I don't remember when I got them but i notice they were not on my doll list starting 2016.

Now I'm waiting for quite a few dolls also.

When Captain Jack came up for sale on Dollshe's site I bought him. There are no pictures of him yet and I expect to wait for him more than a year, but Captain Jack Sparrow is just so cool.

I won the Fairyland Lacrima head in Calfuray's giveaway on Instagram. There is something special about Fairyland, so I'm very excited about this head. I hope to have her eyes opened, and then we'll see what happens to her. Not sure how tall I'll be able to make her. Would love her to be 63cm, but I'm not sure I can make her taller than 60cm.

I bought a MSD doll (though I'm still waiting for it), Luts Bory. I bought so much from Luts in that order that I qualified for a free doll, so I chose a Abadon on the 70cm body in brown skin. That will be interesting, but also completely broke my doll budget. But just after spending all my money on Luts, I was offered to buy two Nabarro heads, so I spend even more money....

Nabarro Cyril and Nabarro Har head. Another TWO Nabarro head (five down, one to go). I was really lucky with these. I posted a picture of my bjd wish list, and someone saw it, pointed me in the right direction, and *vupti* more Nabarro heads will come in. Har will come on a Dollstown body, but the character should be more lean, so I hope I can find another body for him later on. Maybe the DSAM body from Dollshe (am considered that for both Cyril and Har), as it's been recommended to me and it looks really good. And then perhaps the Dollstown body can go to Nabarro Sumner since I've been wanting a body like that for him or I can sell it.

Twigling Kahlo is at my friends place, but because she's not with me I feel like I'm still waiting for her. I don't know what to do with her, but time will show.

And finally Soom Dia. He is the last doll I bought this year (or I'm buying on layaway). At this time I really shouldn't spend more money, but I was able to do a long layaway, so that will be okay. Dia is one of the dolls I really love. I had him in NS, but that color didn't work for him or me. So I am extremely happy to be able to buy him on layaway in tan from Fantasywoods. I have no more money now, but he will be mine and I am excited :D

I'm also waiting for tons of items - outfits, wigs, eyes, weapons, etc. Most of these are in the extremely large Luts order, but also from other places...

Plans for 2017:

First and foremost! Don't buy new dolls. I know I will not be able to keep this, but my promise will be to not buy more dolls or doll-items until Soom Dia is paid off, and that should be easy enough to keep.
If I can keep my buying to a Nabarro Wally head, a Dollshe Bermann, a Ringdoll boy, a doll from Peakswoods, a head from EdelweissSculpt, or some very cool head from a smaller artist then that would be good.

I need to get more bodies for all the new heads. I need to figure out if I want the heads blushed a bit darker and then buy a body in a different color or if I want the head and body to match in color. I think Sumner should be a bit darker (like real skin) but then should Booth also?
I don't think Iplehouse Skull Crow will get his own body, because he shares with Volks Ruby as they are two sides of the same character, but maybe if I win the lottery or there is a sale of a Ringdoll RGM-4 body in tan.

I really hope to finish some of the dolls next year.


6 kommentarer:

  1. Wow, congrats on all your orders! I had no idea Luts gave away full dolls? But Abadon is a great choice, he's one of my fav. sculpts by them! :D
    Ahaha, not buying new dolls is too difficult! ;_; However I understand totally about running out of storage space @_@;;;
    Happy 2017!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks :D It was part of an event that Luts gave a free doll if you used a lot of money. I was still really unsure so I wrote and asked if they really gave a free doll and they said yes.
      I was looking at which doll to chose and I kept going back to Abadon and then I just chose the biggest body because then I think he will fit in the best.

      Yes! I know I can't keep from buying more in the end, but I will not buy anything until Soom Dia is paid off. So now I can spend a lot of time to consider what to get the dolls when I'm allowed to buy again. At least my sister has a lot of room to store my dolls. She send me a photo of most of our dolls hanging out together in her room.

      Happy New Year! :D

      Slet
  2. What a collection! And so many dolls on 2016 and so many nice ones waiting to go home as well!! I think 2016 was the year I finally understood my taste in this hobby too. I felt happier with my decisions and I bought more confidently too.

    Not buying dolls is hard but I hope you accomplish all of your plans! I hope 2017 is the year you find the dolls on your list (PW dolls, I'm up for it any day :D).

    Happy 2017!! Hugs!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks :D I'm so excited about my collection and the incoming dolls. I feel extremely happy about every single one of them (except Cat's Doll Tove and Twigling Kahlo because they don't have a character).
      I'm very glad you feel more happy with your collection also and that you were able to find and understand your own taste. It really makes it all more relaxed, I think.

      I hope so too, but if I just consider how much I'm waiting on then I should be able to not buy any more for a while.
      Yes! PW makes some beautiful dolls. I only have Dlight from them, but I would love another. Especially Dandy Blow as a girl could be really cool :D

      Happy New Year to you too :D

      Slet
  3. I actually also have your Napidoll Chesi xD I should really get both dolls shipped to Avi soon. I keep forgetting about it. But at least I haven't forgotten they're yours. So no chance I will sell them :P
    Don't worry, I will get them shipped to Avi soon!

    You've really had an interesting year :D I'm very excited about your Nabarro guys!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Right, I completely forgot about her. Haha :D
      Great, but I would not think that of you. I don't believe you would do that <3
      Haha, Avi probably forgot that I am waiting on them, so she'll be like "what did you order now?" Do you have Avi's address in Humlebæk? If not then I can send it to you on FB.
      Yes! A very interesting year. I was looking over this blog entry for about ten days and I just kept adding dolls I had forgotten (and still I forgot Chesi).

      Slet